June 22, 2012

Summer Blast in a Floral Dress!








Outfit details:
1950s Vintage dress: fmvintage
1940s vintage hat: Old Faithful Vintage
Shoes: Modcloth

I went to an annual street fair with my family a few weeks ago wearing this amazing dress!  My hair was pretty much dripping in sweat and I tried to blot my head best I could before getting these shots taken.  I don't complain about weather. I get annoyed when I hear people say, "Ew! It's so hot" and whine and then "I'm freezing to death in this cold!" and whine more.  No one seems satisfied with anything in Northern New Jersey, but are filled with selfishness.  The Bible says to do EVERYTHING without complaining or arguing so you may be blameless and pure (Philippians 2:14&15). It is summer now. It's going to be hot. Take each day with rejoicing and thank God you have a day to live!

This week Rob and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary and had a great time together.  We have family bowling coupons for every day this summer to bowl two games for free and have been bowling a lot lately.  As presents we got bowling balls. Rob has never owned a bowling ball before and he lacks consistency from using lane balls made for other people's hands, which can be rough (and he's not bad at bowling with those).  Now he can practice and adjust to his own ball.  As for me, I've been using a 9 lb ball for too long and needed to upgrade to a 12 pounded ball so I can get better marks.  We bought the cheapest balls in the shop and I received my first Turkey ever (three strikes in a row, in case you don't know the bowling lingo).  It was exciting. After we bowled two games, we went out to eat sushi (because we couldn't decide on anything else, and there is a sushi place near where we live that is amazing so when we can't decide on a nice place to eat, that's the winner).  

13 comments:

Seekingstyleblog said...

So pretty!


xo Jennifer



http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com 

Dakota said...

That dress is marvelous-- what a neat floral print!! I love the photo of you by the window, it's such a beautiful shot. Oh and happy anniversary, it sounds like you had a wonderful time :)

Tim said...

Happy happy anniversary to you and Rob, and happy turkey to you!

Liv Lundelius said...

Your hair is beautiful ! I am currently on a growing project, and see how long I can get it. 

IsabellaKiss said...

happy anniversary!!!
i just wanted to stop by and let you know about a cool website i found (no, this is not a spam comment!) that I thought you might be interested in checking out. it is called http://slaveryfootprint.org and basically it is a survey of products and items that you use and then it gives you an estimate of "how many slaves are working for you" worldwide. obviously not entirely accurate, but it is a cool, really well done site which can give some pretty eye opening results! I know you are more into fighting the injustice of the sex industry, but this sort of ties in. i just took it and posted about it on my blog. thought maybe you'd be interested too!

JusticePirate said...

I know you don't comment spam stuff. haha.

Slavery Footprint's site came out about a year ago and I did indeed register to seeing about it, but I haven't gone since then, so I should probably do that! thanks for the reminder!

JusticePirate said...

Awesome! I am growing mine as long as I can too!

Catherine said...

What a gorgeous dress! I can never get over how lovely you style your hair.

xox

suelyn said...

omgosh. you're such a beautiful girl! And that dress!! Vintage is love! Following your cute blog now! :)

Rachel @ à la Modest said...

Congrats on the Turkey! I don't think I've ever gotten that. I wish I could say, "that's a Kodak moment!" But, that would be better with video. :) You are simply gorgeous in that dress! I'll have to read as much as I can of all the entries I've missed of yours. I think I can finally get back online and write again. It's just been so incredibly busy in our life the past few months.

Sara said...

I love how the colors of this dress go with your beautiful hair! :)

Anna said...

so pretty dress

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Those are some enchanting pictures. Good work!

http://tekchat.cabanova.com/

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails